[PD] PD and Smartphones

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:53:56 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 13:39 +0200, Eran Sachs wrote:
> Hello listers,
> I have searched the archive and found surprisingly little current
> info.
>

> So I am about to purchase my first Andriod Smartphone. I was thinking
> of something along the lines of Samsung Galaxy/Note.
> Ability to use PD is a major consideration.
>

> I am mainly interested in using the phone and its features as a
> controller for my patches (which, btw, use PD and extended GUIs.).
> Planning to keep processing audio on the ol` PC, so phone's audio
> performance is of secondary importance.

I don't know if Pure Data runs stand-alone on such a device, but if
you're planning to use the device primarily as a controller, you
probably don't really need Pd to run on the phone. Any controller app
that spits out OSC (for instance) would do and you could receive the
commands in Pd running on your desktop or whatsoever.

If you absolutely want Pd to run on the device, search this ML's
archives for libpd. I think there is even a dedicated ML for libpd.

Roman