[PD] creation arg, distinction between 0 and no arg, WAS Re: Splitting Objects

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 20:32:16 CEST 2012

When $1 exists and has the value 0:
[symbol $1-foo] = 0-foo

When there is no $1:
[symbol $1-foo] = \\$1-foo

Therefore not only can you tell if an argument was set to 0
in Pd vanilla, but you can fetch the entire list of args by
counting up from $1 until $n-foo = \\$n-foo.

There are subpatches and abstractions on this list that
use that method to fetch the args in Pd Vanilla.

There is probably also an external for every developer
who has needed this functionality in their own patches,
most of which are available in Pd-extended.

-Jonathan