[PD] Getting Sihouette from GEM/pidip

Marian Weger mail at marianweger.com
Sat Oct 13 00:17:05 CEST 2012

> Is there a way to get a Kinect like silhouette in GEM or pidip?

Not just kinect like, but real kinect.
Search for [pix_freeect] or [pix_openni]

> I am hoping someone has a motion detect/outline solution or a
> suggestion of how this may occur

If you project on the dancer, the camera will track these projections too.
And if you switch off the light, the camera won't see anything.
So, you need to do it infrared.

> Ideally I would like to then key out the silhouette and then syphon
> the output into Isadora for a Dance piece

Then, why not just do the tracking in Isadora too? As far as i know, it
has Kinect support.

cheers,
marian