[PD] pd 0.43 report

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:37:49 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 17:01 +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2012-10-15 16:22, Mirko Maier wrote:
> > hi hans-christoph,

> >> (extended) (on Win XP):

> >> you could open a patch in a subfolder, which doesn't work in pd
> >> 0.43
> >>
> >> Can you provide an example patch of this?  What are the details
> >> of [folder]?
> >
> > i have a subfolder "tools", and there is e.g. the patch
> > "mytool.pd". in my main patch, in pd 0.42 i can send the message ";
> > pd open mytool.pd tools/", then "mytool.pd" opens. but doesn't work
> > in pd 0.43
> >

> it seems that your original message doesn't work for me with both
> Pd-0.43 and Pd-0.42(!)
>
> what works for both, is to provide the full path:
> [; pd open mytool.pd /foo/bar/tools(

It seems that it works for me with both 0.42 and 0.43. I think the issue
is that the path is relative to the start location of Pd and not
relative to the patch that is sending the message. The above works when
I start Pd from the directory where mytool.pd is located.

The patch has no way to tell the correct path as it does not know the
start location of Pd. This basically renders the "feature" of using
relative paths useless for the 'pd open' message. Personally, I'd
welcome a way to be able to 'open' a patch using a path relative to the
calling patch.

@Mirko
This is just a guess, but could the cause of your problem be that you
changed the Pd start location between versions? How do you start Pd?

Roman