[PD] PD- dynamic patching - how to keep track of object creation number?

Jamie Bullock jamie at jamiebullock.com
Wed Oct 17 16:24:21 CEST 2012

On 8 Oct 2012, at 18:30, adrcki at gmail.com wrote:

> I know the command for creating an object, but I didn't know there's a command to destroy one. Which one is it?

One option is to add some kind of UID to your object creation arguments, and then use "find" + "cut" messages to delete them.

For example instantiate your objects:

[MyObject unique-identifier extra arguments]

You can delete them like this:

|find +unique-identifier 1, cut(

[s pd-some-canvas]

Of course, this solution only works if the thing you are trying to delete is an abstraction you've authored.

best,

Jamie

--
http://jamiebullock.com