[PD] bad host / Mac OsX / netsend

Jean-Marie Adrien jma at jeanmarie-adrien.net
Sat Oct 20 15:31:55 CEST 2012

Hi list
Sems that the trouble comes from the "name.local" way of addressing on Macs which is to avoid, and this for a reason I ignore being by noway a network expert.
Works fine (means immediate response in case of absent / unexisting host) with either names without the .local extension (as in the netsend help patch) or with numerical IPs as suggested by Martin.
Thanks
JM