[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.43.4 beta release, its almost done!

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Tue Oct 23 11:37:29 CEST 2012

Hi Hans,

great news, thank you !

Here are a startup problem I have (on archlinux) :

if a symlink in lib/pd-extended/startup is dangling, pd segfaults.
Maybe there's something more graceful to do with that :).

I saw that because I removed the lua loader from the externals makefile,
and the install script still creates pdlua in the startup dir.

Also there's a strange hickup with Gem, which fails to configure on
first pass (problem with PROG_OBJCXX not defined or so), but restarting
the compilation as-is works.

So basically things work on Arch with these tweaks:
- change the lua paths in loaders/pdua/src/Makefile to lua instead of
  lua5.1

- compile two times

Thanks,

--