[PD] close all patches on quit sourceforge patch

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Oct 26 05:25:47 CEST 2012

I'll try to check this out. I think the problem is the socket-based
communication which is really a pain. When a cpu is on powersave mode it
appears the sockets are such a low priority at times some messages arrive up
to a half-second later... And this is on a lowlatency kernel too...

Once I solidify the pd-l2ork code and release a stable version (and we
appear to be darn close to it now), one of the things on my todo list is to
do away with socket-based communication in favor of queuing calls via a
separate thread. Sure, one will lose gui-less operation but with libpd
around, I don't see a point in trying to maintain gui-less implementation
(which from what I saw on the list appears to have a fair share of its own
problems, please correct me if I am wrong here).

P.S. Don't forget to check out the preset_hub and preset_node (k12 mode uses
it so that you can store all states even among multiple instances of same
abstraction, which is virtually impossible otherwise). Currently the
documentation is not yet integrated (thanks to Jonathan for his work on
this) but there are example patches in the complete source inside pd/src
folder...

Best wishes,

Ico

There