[PD] i945GM not good enough for GEM anymore?

Bastiaan van den Berg buzz at spacedout.nl
Sat Oct 27 17:44:32 CEST 2012

I grabbed puredata 0.43.4 last night on my laptop, to play around with
some GEM stuff..

But now, everytime I want to create a GEM window, i get the following error;

GEM: failed to init GLEW: your system only supports openGL-1.0

Google tells me intel's drivers have and will never support more than
opengl 1.4.

So this problem must have always existed? Still this is the first time
I have seen it...

Is it possible that this check only recently got introduced? Is there
a way around it? If i promise to only use older openGL features, can I
then still use it? :)

--
Regards,
buZz