[PD] MIDI and JACK autoconnection is a PITA...

Johanna Nowak johanna.nowak at aol.de
Mon Oct 29 23:12:01 CET 2012

Jörn,

this is a quick shoot from the hips, perhaps it can help:

* Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net> [2012-10-29 20:38]:
> hi *!
>

> am i the only one who thinks that non-configurable autoconnection to
> jack and alsa-midi ports is a) wrong and b) a major pain in the ass?
IOhannes once wrote an external called (perhaps) [aconnect] or
similar, which I think lets you do and choose alsa (midi) connections
from within Pd.

> is there a way to prevent pd from doing this? particularly in the
> alsa midi case, it's a really blatant misfeature, because in the
> presence of a software midi thru port, it will immediately create a
> parameter loop which will make any connected midi controller go wild
> and burn its motors.
If this is the case for the BCF2000 try using its "U-3" or "S-3" mode,
where it will not echo the received midi data to its outputs.

best,
Jo