[PD] Browse/Search plugin update

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Oct 31 03:38:30 CET 2012

On 10/30/2012 07:20 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> I updated my search plugin by adding a progressbar:
>
> http://puredata.info/Members/jancsika/searchandbrowseplugin/view
>
> It also prints out the number of files it searched.  There were some
> reports of a search taking over a minute, but with GNU/Linux and
> winxp I'm getting about 3 seconds for a little over 9,000 docs (I
> think I'm searching two different copies of pd-extended libs so
> that should be well over what you'd typically be searching).  If
> people are getting long searches please start by telling me how
> many files you're searching.  Also, the progressbar updates don't
> start until it's built a list of files and sorted it, so if it's taking a long
> time when you search before the progressbar appears then that
> may be the culprit.
>
> Now that the interface updates live I don't really think there's much
> need to build an index.  You can start reading the first results
> immediately and even scroll the list as it finishes printing the results.
> (I guess I can also add a "Cancel" button, too.)
>
> Let me know if there are any bugs.
>
> -Jonathan

Looking very good!  I consider this something everyone should install now.  The progress bar is a good enhancement.  I wonder if it could somehow fit in to the GUI elements better somehow.  Its fine how it is, but it seems a little out of place.

Looks like there are some debug messages still in it, I get these when hovering:

filename is 5.reference/all_about_arrays.pd
basedir is /Applications/Pd-0.43.3-extended-20121008.app/Contents/Resources/doc
filename is 5.reference/loop~-help.pd
basedir is /Applications/Pd-0.43.3-extended-20121008.app/Contents/Resources/doc
filename is 5.reference/all_about_arrays.pd
filelist is 7751
filelist is 7751