[PD] Browse/Search plugin update

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 05:35:19 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

You can follow the folder links back.  For initial search you can go back home.
For multiple searches no, you can't.

To rectify this would require caching the state of the text widget-- using
the "dump" subcommand I guess-- for however many levels you want to
support.  It could probably become several megs of data pretty quick, so I guess
it'd have to be cached to a file somewhere, which adds another level of
complexity.

Also, guess what?  There's no matching subcommand for "dump"!  So just like
hyperlinks I'd have to hand craft some way to read the contents back in to the
widget.

If you have an easier suggestion to get this functionality let me know.  Otherwise
I think it's too much trouble.

> * there are a number of libraries that show: "version: no AUTHOR tag or
> values" while the author: field is filled out.

Which library?  I'll check it out.

Thanks,
Jonathan