[PD] cq2midi – Polyphonic MIDI notes from audio

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:47:43 CET 2012

hi thomas,

so you know. out of the box im getting:

/Users/megrimm/Library/Pd/cq2midi/constantq~.pd_darwin:
dlopen(/Users/megrimm/Library/Pd/cq2midi/constantq~.pd_darwin, 10):
Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfftw3f.3.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/megrimm/Library/Pd/cq2midi/constantq~.pd_darwin
  Reason: image not found
 constantq~ @threshold 0.01 @wndalign 1 @rate -1
... couldn't create

at least with your constantq~.pd_darwin

cheers

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:28 AM, Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just added the cq2midi project to my list of software publications.
> This project tries to analyze a stream of digital audio data into MIDI notes. It does so not from a traditional musicological perspective (f0 analysis or the likes), but rather in a raw fashion, so that “all” predominant frequencies of the spectrum at a certain time are interpreted as MIDI notes. Some filtering options are available to reduce noise.
> I originally designed this software to realize the composition luscinia megarhynchos for computer-controlled carillon, premiered at the Pure Data convention 2011 in Weimar.
>
> http://grrrr.org/research/software/cq2midi
>
> gr~~~
>
> --
> Thomas Grill