[PD] vline~ precision under lower block sizes

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 2 20:29:52 CET 2012

Hello,

a friend noticed that vline~ behaves differently with different block
sizes - namely that the smaller the block size is, the less precision it
has. Besides the numbers being different with each block size, the latest
values go slightly over the border of the desired range.
Is this a bug, a feature, or an unavoidable behavior of the vline~
algorithms?

Attached is a patch which explains the situation. I think it should be
clearly enough explained.

The bottom line is: in the patch I am working, block size is 1 (sample
rate 48KHz, in case it matters). Which choices are there to improve
vline~'s precision, so that I get the results I am expecting?

Thanks,

João