[PD] Licensing issues (was rjdj is gone, robotcowboy is coming ...)

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 21:16:49 CET 2012

for me, it's more a matter that a lot of objects are available that make
the basic coding and patch building tasks themselves much easier. the one
that currently comes to mind is [coll] which is part of cyclone. i really
have no idea what can be substituted for it that only requires PD vanilla,
but i'm coming from Max, and not having good list management is an obstacle.

is there is a good way for PD-vanilla to read and manipulate a list of
lists like coll? or split lists? i can make my own [counter] and [swap]
objects easily enough, but having no obvious and apparent means of
storage/recall/manipulation, except arrays and tables which are one index
one value. not trying to pull this off the licensing discussion, but i'm
trying to point out a genuine storage/manipulation need here. i'm happy to
stay with vanilla only if PD can do these things. [qlist] + [textfile] are
the closest but seem to come with severe manipulation restrictions. cyclone
comes with [zl] manipulation.

if i'm needlessly complaining please let me know. i'm just a midrange
MaxMSP guy trying to see how to get something running on iOS.

scott