[PD] compiling externals for osx i5/i7

Orm Finnendahl o.finnendahl at inm.mh-freiburg.de
Sat Nov 3 22:47:10 CET 2012

Hi list,

 I just found out that some of my custom externals stopped working on
recent OSX (i5/i7) hardware (pd complains about arch mismatch).

Since I don't own Apple gear I always compiled on a (virtual) OSX
machine on my linux box. I'd rather avoid having to update the
virtual box once again to a more recent OSX version, put the XCode
stuff on it and spend hours after hours just to get a compilation
environment.

My questions:

- is there any way to make gcc cross compile for OSX on linux?

- is there an extension for i5/i7 and dual-core externals on OSX so
  that they can co-habitate with each other (similar to the .l_ia64
  and .l_i386 on linux)?

- is a recompilation for linux i5/i7 hardware also necessary (and
  what's the extension for that)?

Thanks for any hints,
Orm