[PD] Berlin: BSC Hackathon: Nov 17 - 18 (Weekend)

sevy ydegoyon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 00:46:26 CET 2012

Not surprised, totally lost the meaning of hack, which didn't mean to make
products for business, but to change their corporate way of being useful
and to serve other purposes.

Hackfucking really!

Sevy, ex-geek, now not caring, only technology failures are funny

On Saturday, November 3, 2012, Amy Walsh <walshamy89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sponsored by
>
> http://www.meetup.com/Berlin-Startup-Culture-BSC/events/86500722/

> The hackathon will take place fromSaturday, Nov 17 at 9am - Sunday, Nov
18 8pm.

> This hackathon is the best place to work, network and perhaps even meet
your future co-founding software engineer, designer, product guy, business
geek, customer, employee or angel investor.

> In the hacakthon you can either work on an existing or new project.
>
> For startups it is  the best place to see people working on apps and APIs
for your products.

> Don't be afraid or shy. The hackathon is meant to be fun. We will build
interdisciplinary teams. You do not need to be a software engineer to
participate.

> There will be enterprise/consumer angel investors and VCs at the
hackathon. So it would a great environment to chitchat with investors in a
relaxed atmosphere about your product/project; WesttechVentures +
Wellington + Hasso Plattner Ventures + Rocket Internet + Catagonia + Tarent
AG

> There will be free food and drinks on both days. Please write us an
e-mail if you are vegetarian after buying a ticket in order  to order
vegetarian food  also.

> You can win an iPad for hacks on Paymill.

> We will build interdisciplinary teams at the hackathon on the Saturday
morning. Each team will consists of software engineers, product
guys, designers and business geeks. The software engineers will be coding,
while the product guys  work on the product details,the designers take over
the design and the business geeks the business side of the project.

> On Sunday evening each team will have 5 minutes to demo and pitch their
work + 5 minutes Q&A. The best 3 teams will win prizes.