[PD] vline~ precision under lower block sizes

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 5 01:25:24 CET 2012

short answer... the code that tries to figure out what logical time corresponds
to an individual audio sample (which vline~ needs to know as it has to
respect timestamps to sub-sample accuracy) has to count back from the
global time stamp that is only updated every 64 samples.  I was mistakenly
using the block size instead of the constant 64, and also not keeping track of
the number of times vline~ is getting called within a DSP tick.  It's
complicated and I hope someday to make it all work more transparently.

I'm not sure how long it will take to propagate to any comiled version...
my own 'vanilla' test compilation is at least a couple of weeks away.

cheers
Miller