[PD] gcc export-dynamic error

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:16:46 CET 2012

og., 2012.eko azaren 08a 00:54(e)an, Hans-Christoph Steiner(e)k idatzi zuen:

> On Nov 7, 2012, at 3:44 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>
>> On 11/07/2012 09:05 AM, enrike wrote:
>>> thanks, I finally managed to get it to compile by removing a few
>>> externals, but it would be nice to have them in case I use it in the
>>> near future. I might try to compile again.
>>
>> it would also be nice if you could be more specific which externals made problems so somebody can fix them by simply going through the list, rather than having to build the entire pdx only to discover that there compiler does not choke and compiles everything just fine so there seems to be nothing to fix at all.
>
> In other words, post a build log and we'll probably be able to help you.
>
> .hc

sorry. the "gcc export-dynamic error" happened while compiling pdp, so I
went to externals/Makefile and removed all the pdpd related stuff in the
LIB_TARGETS. I dont think I will need pdp in the near future so that
should not be an issue for me right now.

so this is what I use to compile :
LIB_TARGETS += hid iem16  postlude

and this was the original :
LIB_TARGETS += hid pdp pidip gem2pdp iem16 pdp_opengl postlude

I just tried now to compile PD again with the original LIB_TARGETS
including pdp in order to get the build log with the error I did not
post in my first mail, I think this is the relevant part of it.

make -C test
make[5]: Entering directory
`/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/sources/0.42/externals/pdp/modules/test'
rm -f *~
rm -f *.o
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/sources/0.42/externals/pdp/modules/test'
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/sources/0.42/externals/pdp/modules'
rm -f pdp.pd_linux
gcc ---export-dynamic -shared -o pdp.pd_linux modules/*/*.o system/pdp.o
system/*/*.o puredata/*.o -lgslcblas -lm  -lgslcblas -lgsl -lz -lpng
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lquicktime -lGL -lGLU -lSDL
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘---export-dynamic’
make[3]: *** [linux_mmx] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/sources/0.42/externals/pdp'
make[2]: ***
[/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/sources/0.42/externals/pdp/pdp.pd_linux] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/sources/0.42/externals'
make[1]: *** [externals_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/r2d2/Mahaigaina/sources/0.42/packages'
make: *** [install] Error 2

The reason I wrote my question to the list before removing pdp from
LIB_TARGETS is that I did not notice in the online documentation that I
could remove externals. I saw it after I wrote.

thanks

enrike