[PD] list vs. symbol array [was: Re: Licensing issues]

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:25:42 CET 2012

On Nov 7, 2012, at 8:49 PM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> From: Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [PD] list vs. symbol array [was: Re: Licensing issues]
> Date: November 7, 2012 8:45:49 PM EST
> To: Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>, "pd-list at iem.at" <pd-list at iem.at>

I didn't mean to bring up an externals vs vanilla debate. We obviously use what's best for the situation. I'm choosing to work more in vanilla land because I simply can't include some externals in my app. Plus, I know those patches will *just work* for everyone. We'll see in practice if this works, but I'd much rather avoid coding custom externals for this project.

Also, does anyone know what cyclone's license is? I can't find the current version in the svn, but the old zip on the website has a BSD-like license. Having [coll] and [seq] would be very useful. It'd be nice to see these in vanilla at some point ... why reinvent the wheel?

> [1] You can certainly split symbols and count their length in Pd vanilla but it ain't
> pretty.

[list-sort] in list-abs.

--------
Dan Wilcox