[PD] [OT] GrandMa2 and Pd

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sun Nov 11 18:23:29 CET 2012

Le 11/11/2012 18:05, David Schaffer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>   I don't have a GrandMa2 at my disposal right now, but the manual
> says you can send and receive midi control messages. pd's [ctlin] and
> [ctlout] should work for this. If you have problems parsing NRPN
> messages, get back to me.
>
> David
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
>
> http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/
>

> > Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:30:00 +0100
> > From: jack at rybn.org
> > To: pd-list at iem.at
> > Subject: Re: [PD] [OT] GrandMa2 and Pd
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am working on a performance where we use Pd 0.43.2 and a GrandMa2
> > light controler.
> > Is there someone who has ever work with this configuration ?
> > It seems we can only get midi info with [midiin], is it normal ?
> > It is possible to send and receive control change on this controler with
> > Pd ?
> > Thanx for help.
> > ++
> >
> > Jack

Hello David,

Thanx for your answer.
I have searched in pdf manual with different words but i can't find
anything relative to 'midi control messages' or something similar.
I know GrandMa2 use the MSC (MIDI Show Control) protocol and i can get
info with [midiin], but nothing with [ctlin] (until now) ...
I have no time to convert MIDI CC to MSC.
We will get a Congo tomorrow and i know it works fine with this model.
++

Jack