[PD] weird behavior with dynamically created abstractions (sound doesn't work)

Ángel Faraldo angelfaraldo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:29:07 CET 2012

Hi List,

I've been increasingly working with dynamic patching and there is an issue that don't understand in relation with creating multiple audio abstractions...

Imagine I put an oscillator inside an abstraction and I recall one instance of it from the main patch (already computing audio). This is what happens:

The abstraction will not produce sound until I:

a) save the patch
b) create another abstraction with the same name (another audio object will not work)
c) I click on a already existing object in the main patch (clicking on the canvas will not work either)
d) I un-compute and re-compute audio (which is not desirable)

I attach an example: