[PD] Random number generation quest

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 23:26:45 CET 2012

Here's one that works in real time by building a subpatch with
some objects, measuring that time, using that measurement
to create and clear the subpatch anywhere from 0-9 more times,
then multiplying the sum of all this time for the seed to [random].
Obviously if you create a complex object like [sigmund~] you'd get
more variance but also a longer load time.

It looks to take less than a millisecond in the worst case for my
version, but I don't know how random my randomness is.

Does someone have a tool to measure how random these approaches
are?

-Jonathan