[PD] 64bit 32bit query

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Nov 19 19:49:12 CET 2012

If an app is running as 64-bit, it can only run 64-bit libraries.  If Pd includes both i386 and x86_64, it will run in one of those modes.  So if Pd is running as x86_64, it will only be able to run x86_64 binaries.  In other words, a universal Pd running in 64-bit mode will not be able to run 32-bit only libraries.

This goes for any app, not just Pd.

.hc