[PD] weird behavior with dynamically created abstractions (sound doesn't work)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 19 23:18:27 CET 2012

On 11/19/2012 09:07 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> [...]

i think this is simply a bug in Pd.

i do some live-coding using dynamic patching, and found that saving the
patch would re-compute the dsp-graph (i'm using abstractions, so saving
will eventually re-instantiate a number of abstractions, which triggers
a reavaulation of the dsp-graph; so i found that in practice this bug is
not such a big problem for _me_)

> I've never seen an external in svn where [abstraction1] would rely on an
> internal [loadbang] in order to send a message to its outlet.

well, very few *externals* (as in "atomic" (non-openable) objects
written mostly in C) do anything with loadbangs.

anyhow, even if we are talking only about abstractions, i think your
assumption, that just because [loadbang] is not used in the  described
way anywhere in the Pd-svn, this behaviour could simply be changed is
not a valid one.

i'd very much like to see [initbang] and [closebang] in Pd-proper though.

fgmsdr
IOhannes