[PD] mp3 (layerII) or .wav/.aif stereo player!

Òscar Martínez Carmona xamps23 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 15:08:04 CET 2012

then you probably should report a bug with "f*cking" logic.

Should I? I mean, the external might work fine with layer III files (in
reality mp3 stands for mpeg2 layer 3), the thing is that all the converters
I've used are on layer II, so I can't use it!

Anyways, I've solved it with [readsf~] playing an .aif file, but the
problem I got now it's related with dinamically changing the file I need to
open. I receive the filename throught OSC and it goes to a symbol and it
shows me the communication went nice, but apparently it doesn't affect the
open message with the dollar sign, why??

[unpack f f s]
  l    l    I
          [amnotlayertri.aif} //this is supposed to represent a symbol
          [ open ../samples/$ (
          [readsf~ 2]

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 11/20/2012 07:04 PM, Òscar Martínez Carmona wrote:
>
>> [readsf~] seems to be what I was looking for!
>> I'm not sure about mp3 layers and names , but when that layer II file is
>> what I get with an mp3 bounce with Logic...
>>

> then you probably should report a bug with "f*cking" logic.
>

> fgmasdr
> IOhannes

Òscar Martínez Carmona