[PD] can i bypass comport?

onyx@onyx-ashanti.com onyxashanti at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 02:00:01 CET 2012

<your setup is unclear :-/. Can you describe it element by element,
<stating how things are connected ?

it is an arduino fio, which is an arduino with a built in wireless "shoe"
for an xbee type wireless device.  i use the rn-xv, which is a wifi based
tranciever that fits it.  i already have a tcp connection to the router and
through the router to a serial port emulator that routes network data to
virtual serial ports, which i have used to verify that the whole data pipe
works.  which it does.  i get data back and forth from the wireless arduino
to pure data.

<The wireless system is dd-wrt ?

no, this is the router software.

<Why don't you use the IP network to communicate from pd to your wireless
<system? I don't understand where serial ports are needed.

I dont either.  i just dont know how to do it.  i dont see any reason,
other than that the first arduinos used an ftdi virtual serial port
emulator for making an easy link from usb to serial.  technically, i should
be able to dump the data straight through to the arduino object and delete
the comport alltogether.  i just havent combined the right sequence of
magic incantations to make it work, because i have a very small grasp of
network voodoo.  I'm learning quickly though, but i was hoping to get
pointed in the right direction :-)

--
www.onyx-ashanti.com