[PD] pd-extended 0.43.3/ raspberry pi (wheezy) - start patch on boot?

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 20:55:34 CET 2012

Hi Epic,

I got Pd running at startup on the RPi without modifying
/etc/init.d/pd-extended.
All I did is add a line in /etc/rc.local, something like 'pd -nogui
-audiobuf 100 -noadc /home/pi/mypatch.pd'

This will start Pd, without GUI, with a buffer big enough for the RPi,
without audio in (there's no capture on the RPi), and open the patch called
'mypatch.pd' in the home folder.

This should work a fresh Raspbian install. Pd will start without the user
having to login, nor start X.

There's also an alternate solution involving the cration of a bash script.
I described it here on my blog :
http://guitarextended.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/running-pd-on-a-headless-raspberry-pi/

Cheers,

Pierre.

PS : this is for Pd-vanilla, i've never tried pd-extended on the Pi.