[PD] Browse/Search plugin update

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 22:11:04 CET 2012

>________________________________

How long is the initial search taking for you?
Since the results pop up live, even with the initial 5-10" search the UX is still decent.  In fact I could even
make the click events stop the search loop which would make the initial search sluggishness even less of an issue.

Xapian might be worth it if someone who deeply understands search technology wants to implement it and get a
more sophisticated scoring system for better results.  Still, with the poverty of quality documentation I'm not sure how
much better the results could really be:

[sig~ 42]

[super_complex_filter~]  <-- super-complex-filter the input

[tabwrite~] <-- super-complex-filtered output

(c) 1999 <query_bouncer at compuserve.net>