[PD] graph on parent problem?

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Dec 7 21:33:45 CET 2012

I have an array in a subpatch, when I applied graph-on-parent property to
the subpatch (to view the array which holds sound so could be fairly
large) Pd didn't like that. With dsp off it worked fine but when I turn
dsp on Pd becames unusably slow to react (sliders, etc.). I was able to
solve the problem by removing the graph-on-parent option. So it seems
there is something in the interaction of graph-on-parent and the sound
engine.
this is on a planetCCRMA system: FC17 PD0.42-5extended
Anyone else encounter such a problem? Any solution (beside moving things
outside subpatches)?
Thanks
Oded