[PD] how to use extensions .l_i386 and .l_ia64 for Linux externals

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 20:04:57 CET 2012

On 12/8/12, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Pd-extended on Mac OS X will also build a double-clickable
> MyWorkOfGenius.app with all the libraries embedded inside.  I haven't heard
> much feedback about it, so I wonder how its working for people.
>
> .hc

I did use the 'make-an-app' option, it works great but it makes a
large app file which is not easy to distribute from a homepage with
'fair use policy' and certainly not via a forum or mailing list. For
that reason I prefer to package patches plus specific source files and
binaries only. With the advantage that it works on 'all' platforms.
And the disadvantage that I have to build on all platforms. This poses
a natural limit on my ambitions to publish new projects. Maybe not so
bad after all...

Katja