[PD] How to increase audio latency on linux?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 11:12:01 CET 2012

So the current state of affairs is that it is not easily possible on
linux? Is this in the responsibility of the application or the audio
back-end? I ask in order to find out whether this is the right list to
discuss the issue.

It remains in the dark what the author of the ubuntugeek article meant
by "good", respectively "bad" sound quality. Is there any strong
indication that this will help in increasing the latency?

If my intent to have an as huge as possible latency in order to decrease
likeliness of drop-outs, it is still advised to use a low latency kernel
and run Pd/Jackd with realtime priorities? Or would I be better off then
with standard settings?

Roman