[PD] How to increase audio latency on linux?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:17:50 CET 2012

On 09/12/12 11:12, Roman Haefeli wrote:
[...]
> If my intent to have an as huge as possible latency in order to decrease
> likeliness of drop-outs, it is still advised to use a low latency kernel
> and run Pd/Jackd with realtime priorities? Or would I be better off then
> with standard settings?
You probably already know/do this.. but there are a couple of factors
which can create dropouts/clicks which seem independent from
bleeding-edge-realtime etc. settings:
- CPU: be sure to set it to "performance" and *not* on demand
- Lots of (Pd) gui objects (e.g. sliders, numberboxs) manipulation/updates.

Lorenzo.