[PD] Pd-L2ork Features

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Dec 12 02:39:38 CET 2012

I beg to differ. There are numerous examples where one would select only a
few objects and wanted to have them lined up and the regular tidy algorithm
was unable to do anything about it. In most cases objects did not move at
all with no explanation to the user as to why things didn't work out.

Yes, there are two case scenarios. The old tidy can sometimes clean up the
patch to an extent which may or may not work out. The new tidy algorithm in
pd-l2ork does not aim to do the same thing. It deals with objects are
currently selected and lines and first up and then on the second press
spaces them evenly out. The key difference between the two is that it is
predictable and works every time unlike the old algorithm, which works only
sometimes, and even then does not take into account preexisting
human-centric arrangement of patch-cords.