[PD] Raspberry Pi versus BeagleBoard ?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 17 19:35:44 CET 2012

I could be wrong, but I believe the Beagleboard is ARMv7 and the Pi is
ARM v6 - so BB could easily have twice the floating-point erformance of
Pi.  I'm not sure why and whether there would be any difference in Jack
for the two.  I believe (but am not sure at all) that BB doesn't have the
same USB problems the Pi has.  All in all it's still a very attractive
possibliity, perticularly since the Stanford people have tested and exercised
it thoroughly.

cheers
Miller