[PD] Creating a line in Gem

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Dec 18 13:25:27 CET 2012

hello,

ok, i can see why it's complicated to use rectangle in this situation.
But i did not see the problem of the curve object.

in order to "give this line an angle", i think it's best to use the rotate object than the shear.

computation are not that hard with rectangle if you do it right :
gemhead
translateXYZ <- give random position
rotateXYZ  <- give Z rotation
scaleXYZ 0 1 1 <- change X scale to grow
translate 0.5 0 0 <- to move the primitive so that it's not center
rectangle 0.5 0.1 <- 0.1 is line width

starting point is given by the initial translate.
ending point is just : starting point + cos(angle)*line length for X coordinate,
replace cos with sin for Y position (be aware that Gem is in deg, while pd is in rad)

but if you prefer having random initial position and random final position, then a [curve 2] object can be more helpful.

see both solution in attachment.

cheers
Cyrille