[PD] Raspberry Pi versus BeagleBoard ?

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:54:51 CET 2012

Hi,

I wrote an e-mail to the guys who made the Satellite CCRMA image for the
BB, asking about latency and quality of the built-in audio interface.
I didn't get a reply to any of these questions, so I guess i'll have to buy
one and figure out myself.

One interesting news though is that they are preparing an image for the
Raspberry Pi. It should be the first image for this machine optimized for
audio, beside the Raspbian image recently tweaked by Miller Puckette.

And finally, just so you know : "I haven't published about it, but I can
safely say that if you don't use the satellite CCRMA images, you will be
sorry later on down the road. As far as I know, no one else is bothering to
make good images." I'm not sure what to make of these statements ;)

Cheers,

Pierre.