[PD] Webcam recommendations (linux/osx)

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 17:13:59 CET 2012

2012/12/20 J Oliver <jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com>:
>> - USB cam like PSEye or logitech (don't remember equivalent model to
>> PSEye but it exists) : pros : could have good image quality, framerate
>> and resolution, cons : cable lenght limitation, mostly fixed lens and
>> sometimes fixed focus
>
> I'd be interested in hearing about this logitech equivalent. How is it equivalent? also has high frame rates?
i can't remember for now, i hear one day but maybe i'm wrong...

> about the length of usb cables, you can get a long extender with an amplifier and even chain them.
yes and you also have cat-5 extender with which you can expand up to
hundred of meters (this kind of extender is available for composite,
usb and firewire but could be expensive)
but never forget that a poor cable (or a too long one) may lead to
image loosing or less quality even if the cam "just work"
and this apply to all interfaces

+