[PD] Can't see comments with ç ã characters

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Dec 21 20:27:05 CET 2012

On 12/21/2012 17:39, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I'm still looking at why tclpd is causing this problem. Did removing
> tclpd totally solve it for you? i.e

i found that the cause for these problems is often some initialization
of i18n support.
e.g. i had some problems with pdgst, where initializing gstreamer would
turn the decimal point to "," on a german locale -> all numbers sent
from pd-core to pd-gui would then be misinterpreted.

a quick tests shows, that the problem seems indeed to be related (though
different).
$ LANG=C pd -lib tcllib path-with-ç-in-comments.pd
works fine here, whereas
$ LANG=C.UTF-8 pd -lib tcllib path-with-ç-in-comments.pd
hides the comments (C.UTF-8 is my default locale)

hope this helps with hunting down the problem.

rgmaser
IOhannes