[PD] error compiling sndfiler~

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:54:48 CET 2012

On Sam, 2012-12-15 at 18:42 +0100, Bart Koppe wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> wrote:
>         On 12/15/2012 15:27, Bart Koppe wrote:
>                 Dear List!
>
>                 I'm trying to compile sndfiler from svn but I get
>                 errors. I need it
>                 since I need to play ogg files to an icecast stream.
>

>         most likely [readanysf~] (which is newer than [sndfiler~])
>         will do the job as well.
> Yes, found this to in the end. Had some problems with the rdz PPA, but
> in the end I could install it, and it works!

Do you mind telling me what sort of troubles you had with the PPA? If
there is anything to fix, I'd like to fix it [*].

Roman

[*] That said, it's too bad Ubuntu 12.04 (the first very long time
release) still has a broken pd-readanysf package. Though the problem is
actually fixed upstream, no-one ever pushed the fix through
Debian/Ubuntu package management (it seems so overly tedious, but I
really should dig into it once).