[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.44-0 test 1 released

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 05:44:47 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

I'd like to get a timestamp from IOhannes for his comment on PulseAudio not working
on any GNU/Linux systems.  When I look at the PulseAudio docs I like what I see,
but unfortunately like Gnome 3 the lead developers of PA seemed to have pushed
very hard to get a half-baked initial implementation in as many distros as possible
so as to cause the maximum amount of flamewars for something that should have
otherwise been a solution to many of the usability problems that have plagued
GNU/Linux for so long.

In other words if there are _still_ substantial problems with getting PA to behave,
maybe we could do an Ardour-style "it just works" default to the jack server that
doesn't require the user to have to know they are even using jack.  After all,
isn't jack cross-platform (and PulseAudio not)?

-Jonathan