[PD] gem opengl-es by dmotd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Dec 28 19:30:58 CET 2012

On 12/28/2012 01:14 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 12/28/2012 18:43, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> MinGW support in Pd, or even the MinGW support for Gem (which is not complete).
>>

> afaik, the mingw support for Gem is as complete as it can be.
> what works: compiling Gem and plugins
> what does not work: linking plugins against proprietary c++-libraries that
> have been compiled with MSVC.
>
> the latter will never work (unless mingw changes it's c++ ABI to match that of
> MSVC - or the other way round. none of it is likely to happen ever).
> unfortunately, some important Gem-plugins in w32 use proprietary C++-libraries
> compiled with MSVC, namely the DirectShow components of video-capture and
> movie-playback.

It looks like a Qt dev has added the required headers to MinGW:
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2009/07/15/phonon-and-mingw-a-story-about-true-windows-love/

And this guy says he got webcam input working:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.announce/966

MinGW does link against all of the various standard Windows libraries fine,
and I think its safe to say that Microsoft uses their own compiler to build
the system libs.