[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.44-0 test 1 released

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 23:36:50 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

[...]

> #2 (and this is more important): i really confused PulseAudio for PortAudio. i
> often do these, since both are often abbreviated "PA".

I'd really like to hear from anyone who uses an up-to-date version of
PulseAudio on an up-to-date distro whether the myriad problems that
came from pushing a beta version of an "It-Just-Works" audio server are
now gone.

Even for Pd, it'd be nice to support an audio server that lets you set
levels for a video online of a Pd patch while you patch your own, then
answer your bluetooth phone without having to open a config file.

I still like the idea of JACK being the default, but there are certainly
times when I just want the server to just mix what programs I have
open with zero configuration.

-Jonathan