[PD] pix_record continues to record, even with rendering turned off

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Sat Dec 29 16:20:53 CET 2012

> switching off the [gemhead] will not push new frames into your [pix_record],
> but it will not halt a "local time" (this is never what [gemhead] does).

Ah, I see now! Although this is expected behaviour, I still think it'd
be useful to be able to pause recording (at least in this scenario)

> - either manually force the framerate to a constant value when writing the
> file (it might well be (haven't checked yet) that you actually cannot force
> the framerate to a given value, which indeed could be considered a bug)

I've checked the help file and options and of pix_record and there
doesn't appear to be any options to set the frame rate. Please correct
me if I'm wrong!

I did a bit of further investigating and it appears that the framerate
for the videos created by my patch/pix_record are craziliy high!
Here's the sample video that I used
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/350846/test.mov I ran the following command to
get some information from the file mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 0
-identify test.mov

The important part of that information is that the fps is 1000000.000.
Something isn't right there...

antonio at hellocatfood.com
http://www.hellocatfood.com