[PD] pix_record continues to record, even with rendering turned off

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Sat Dec 29 23:44:17 CET 2012

> like with [pix_video], you can set a number of properties specific to the
> used backend/codec.
> when selecting a specific codec, you should get a list of supported
> properties for the selected setting on the info-outlet of [pix_record]
> (that's the 3rd outlet).

And now it seems I've encountered an actual bug!

I've tried several different codecs (25 and 1 exhaustively) and it
appears that I can't change the settings of them. No matter what
framerate I set I still get a framerate of 20 (or whatever the
original video was (I think)). Before finally diagnosing this as a
bug, is there a specific order to how the messages should be sent?
This is my order, using the pix_record help file:

1 - create the gem window
2 - open the video file
3 - Choose the codec
4 - change the options of the codec (via set)
5 - open a location to save the file
6 - record
7 - set auto record [auto 1(

Is this right?

Thanks

Antonio

On 29 December 2012 19:41, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> On 12/29/2012 16:20, Antonio Roberts wrote:
>>>
>>> switching off the [gemhead] will not push new frames into your
>>> [pix_record],
>>> but it will not halt a "local time" (this is never what [gemhead] does).
>>

>> Ah, I see now! Although this is expected behaviour, I still think it'd
>> be useful to be able to pause recording (at least in this scenario)
>

> bien sur.
>

>>> - either manually force the framerate to a constant value when writing
>>> the
>>> file (it might well be (haven't checked yet) that you actually cannot

antonio at hellocatfood.com
http://www.hellocatfood.com