[PD] Dynamic routing for audio signals

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 22:46:30 CET 2013

Hello all,

I am currently investigating the idea of trying to route audio
dynamically, thus allowing a set of audio modules that can be
repatched on the fly. My real question concerns the idea of routing
that audio to multiple destinations.

My ideas stem from working with FM synthesis, and recreating some DX
algorithms. Effectively, to get around this multiple routing problem,
I have created a few sub-patches with multiple [throw~] objects in it,
but this gets a little cumbersome.

Ideally, I would think that [throw~] could be extended (into a new
object? [mthrow~] for multi-throw?). This object would also allow for
these signals to be scaled independently for each destination added.

Is there something else that already exists that allows for such a thing?

Thanks, Mike