[PD] Multiple sessions on Windows (was: Pd does not work on Windows)

Pierre-Olivier Boulant po.boulant at free.fr
Wed Jan 2 00:04:40 CET 2013

On 13/12/2012 04:45, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2012, at 6:51 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>
>> ----- Mail original -----
>>> De: "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at>
>>> ok, I'm seeing the same thing.  double-clicking and 'pd -open' are
>>> the same thing on Windows.  I'm going to implement the double-click
>>> opening in Tcl, here's a bug report for 'pd -open':
>>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3595309&group_id=55736&atid=478070
>> allright thanks for that
> OK, I implemented the double-click singleton opening. Starting with tomorrow's build, double-clicking a .pd file will open the patch in the already running instance of Pd-extended.  It also means that üßáôå work.
>
> .hc

Hi,

I can't get a second session of Pd to start with the latest releases
(2013 01 01). The first session catches the double click on
pd/bin/pd.exe or pd/bin/pd.com and I get this in the console:
Ignoring '': doesn't look like a Pd-file

I tried starting a copy of pd.exe, but I got the same thing in the end.

I notice an extra pd.exe running in the task manager for each subsequent
start of pd.exe, but I can't access any of them but the first session. I
have to shut them down from the task manager.

Cheers
pob