[PD] Raspberry Pi versus BeagleBoard ?

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 03:10:58 CET 2013

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Charles Goyard <cg at fsck.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just so people know, there is some hardware, not open, but way more
> powerful available for cheap: look for "MK808 tv box" on geekbuying.
> Dual arm cortex A9 running Android, 1GB ram, at less than 60USD.
>
> Maybe can pd runs on these.

There are also ARM-v7/A9 Exynos based boards from a company here in Korea
that apparently run Ubuntu. These are the same chips that power devices
like the Samsung Galaxy SIII and Note2. They are not exactly impulse buys
like the Pi, but a quad core based board with 2GB ram running at 1.7Ghz for
under $100 still seems like a pretty good deal to me.

See here:
http://www.hardkernel.com/renewal_2011/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G135235611947

-m