[PD] translate the Start Here! page

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 23:18:06 CET 2013

OK, no need to fight. This is about a version of Pd-extended that has been a very long time coming, that had many issues to resolve, that went offline and was unavailable at the start of the workshops I teach. I also can't get my students to download a version of Pd-extended that isn't finished and won't run on their machine. This is their first experience of programming. They'll give up straight away!

It sounds like it will be finished soon, and then we can all relax. Until then anything I can do to help my students achieve some traction with Pd, including pointing to a list of objects - until search is finished AND in the release version, is pedagogically valid.

PS - I think they learned more this year than they did last year.

best,
Ed

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/