[PD] can i bypass comport?

onyx@onyx-ashanti.com onyxashanti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 04:47:05 CET 2013

so, late last week i gave away my systems xbee radios in hopes that it
would spur me into making the rn-xv's work.  i was able to get them working
using udp and properly configured ports.  [udpsend] transmits to teh
arduino but the issue was getting communication from the arduino/rn-xv
side.  at first the [udpreceive] didnt work,  but i fiddled with it until
it was sending blocks of numbers which i could see had a sequence so i
tried to send that block and it didnt work so i read the data coming out of
comport using one xbee radio i have left and saw that it was coming out as
a stream, so i put [list-drip-quick2], which i found online in a forum
thread some of you guys had, underneath the udpreceive object and viola!
 it works!  not only that, but i increased the baud rate for firmata (no
other changes neccessary)and the uart of the rn-xv to 115200 and set a
flush timer to shoot those packets over to the computer every 5ms, which
works beautifully.  the playable resolution is wildly faster in both
directions.  i havent used it in a live performance situation so i cant
give it top marks yet, but so far it is everything i had hoped the xbees
would be, but better in everyway.

i just wanted to update you on the progress of this issue, and thank
everyone for your help!  i will be posting a more detailed blog post later.

onyx

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 4:51 PM, onyx at onyx-ashanti.com <onyxashanti at gmail.com

--
www.onyx-ashanti.com